Men’s Clean List
What’s the easiest way to go about shopping for guys? Here’s what I do:
- Make a list of the moments you have to dress for in a week, like going to work, exercise, going out with friends.
- Estimate how many times you’ll dress for that moment in a 2 week laundry cycle.
- Ex. someone who works 5 days a week will need 10 work outfits, maybe 4-5 going out/hanging out outfits, and 6 workout outfits (if you work out 3x a week). Remember that you can wear some clothes 2-4 times before washing.
- Check your closet to see what you already have.
- Make a list of what you need, the same way you’d shop for groceries. Then shop away!
All the brands I recommend use natural or recycled materials (sustainable) and either guarantee fair wages or manufacture in a low risk region. To see more about what I look for, visit Sustainability 101.
DO YOU WANT TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE?
We welcome smart, funny, well-researched, insightful articles between 500-1200 words, with a point of view. Think ManRepeller, but sustainable - we ask the hard questions, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our writers are compensated for their talents. Click on the button below to submit!
FYI: We will respond to submissions within 3 weeks. If we select your article, you may not post it to another site. If we decline, you may use it however you choose. Submissions should be crisp and well-edited - please no first drafts. We may ask for additional edits. Selection is not a guarantee that your article will be published on www.laurenengelke.com. We can’t wait to read your articles!